Intesfib is an all natural supplement that is a great source of fiber. It helps to attain the 25 to 30 g recommended daily fiber intake necessary for intestinal health. IntesFib's exclusive blend of 93% pure psyllium fiber is helps to relieve constipation and lower cholesterol levels in those with high cholesterol. It provides a gentle relief from occasional constipation and bloating. Intesfib is an exclusive blend of pure fiber and beneficial herbs for intestinal health.
No sugar, salt, colours, or preservatives.
Natural Product Number (NPN): 80016715
Medicinal: each teaspoon (8.4g) contains:
- Psyllium (seed) (Platago ovata) 7.5 g
- Licorice (root) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 81 mg
- Red Elm (bark) (Ulmus fulva) 8 mg
Medicinal: Each capsule contains:
- Psyllium (seed) (Plantago ovata) 465.0 mg
- Licorice (root) (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 5.0 mg
- Red Elm (bark) (Ulmus fulva) 0.5 mg
PROPERTIES OF THE INGREDIENTS
Psyllium: Its exceptional richness in mucilaginous psyllium fibre confers it properties that relieve constipation by reducing the total duration of the intestinal transit. Furthermore, psyllium (plantago ovata) is now recognized to help reduce slightly elevated cholesterol blood levels as well as relieve diverticulosis and irritable bowel syndrome.
Licorice: Recognized as an anti-inflammatory, Licorice effectively relieves the irritated mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. Its antibacterial properties confers it the capacity to fight against certain intestinal pathogens.
Red Elm: The mucilage content of Red Elm protects and relieves irritated intestinal mucous membranes. It also aids in preventing diarrhea. Furthermore, Red Elm is recognized to calm multiple inflammations of the digestive tract, in particular the ones affecting the intestines (ex.: colitis).
Hibiscus: Abundantly cultivated in tropical regions and in Europe, the Hibiscus flower is recognized for its virtues as a mild laxative for the intestines.
- Very high source of fibre: each portion supplies 50% of the recommended daily allowance.
- Only 2 tsp per day reduces cholesterol.
- Helps with weight management.
- Relieves constipation and bloating.
- Candida albicans,
- Elevated cholesterol levels,
- Intestinal irregularities,
- Irritable bowel syndrome,
- Diverticular disease.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms worsen or if laxative effect does not occur within seven days.
- Consult a health care practitioner immediately if you experience chest pain, vomiting, or difficulty in swallowing or breathing after taking this product.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have symptoms such as abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting or fever (as these could be signs of abnormal constrictions of the gastrointestinal tract, diseases of the oesophagus and/or the superior opening of the stomach (cardia), potential or existing intestinal blockage, paralysis of the intestine, megacolon, faecal impaction, inflamed bowel or appendicitis).
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are taking medications which inhibit peristaltic movement (e.g. opioids, loperamide).
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have a liver disorder.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not use if you have difficulty swallowing.
- Do not use if you have diabetes mellitus in which blood sugar is difficult to regulate.
- Do not use if you are experiencing a sudden change in bowel habits that has persisted for more than 2 weeks, undiagnosed rectal bleeding, or failure to defaecate following the use of another laxative product.
- Do not use if you are taking thiazide diuretics, cardiac glycosides, corticosteroids, stimulant laxatives or other medications which may aggravate electrolyte imbalance.
- Do not use if you have hypokalemia, high blood pressure, or a kidney or cardiovascular disorder.
Known Adverse Reactions: Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur following inhaled and/or ingested psyllium; in which case, discontinue use.
May cause temporary gas and/or bloating.
Adults: 12 years and over: Take 1 teaspoon (8.4 g) 1-2 times daily. For cholesterol lowering effects: take 1 teaspoon twice daily.
- 6-12 years old: Take ½ a teaspoon (4.2 g) 1-2/day.
- 2-6 years old: Consult a qualified healthcare practitioner.
Mix a minimum of 1 cup (250 ml) of liquid (water, milk, fruit juice or similar aqueous beverage). Stir briskly and drink immediately. Maintain adequate fluid intake.
Adults: Take 6 capsules with a full glass of liquid (250mL), 1-2 times/day (preferably morning & afternoon) or as directed by your health care practitioner. Follow with an additional glass of liquid. Maintain adequate fluid intake.
For cholesterol lowering effects: take 6 capsules twice daily.
Take 2 hours before or after taking other medications. Initial dose may take 2-3 days to have laxative effect, following doses may take 12 hours.
Recommended duration of use: A minimum duration of use of 8 weeks is required before beneficial effects on cholesterol take place.
Nutripur is a 100% Canadian owned and operated company. It specializes in the manufacturing of traditional herbal medicines and nutritional supplements. Founded in 1989, Nutripur focuses its efforts on the development of various products which address specific health problems.
Certified PURE. Contains no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives.
All Nutripur products are manufactured in a manner that exceeds industry standards and are rigorously tested in accredited laboratories for toxic contaminants and heavy metals assuring the safety, purity, efficacy and high-quality of our products. Proud to be Canadian.